As you can see from our San Francisco and Disneyland pictures (only a small sample of what we actually took!), our California vacation was unbelievable! It really was like a dream trip. Both of the boys were such troopers and were just happy to go and do everything. Sweet little Noah would go as far as he could and then just quietly fall asleep in his stroller. 🙂
We have so many memories from Disneyland that it's hard to pick our favorites. Here are just a few things we'll never forget…
- Andrew's reaction to seeing Lightning McQueen in the Pixar Play Parade, "I didn't know Lightning McQueen was REAL! I thought he was just pretend!!!"
- Andrew realizing he was tall enough to go on the "adult roller coasters" like Matterhorn and Space Mountain
- Andrew's reaction to Space Mountain, "I've always dreamed of being out in space, but it was too dark and too fast!"
- Noah spotting Donald Duck across the park and quacking at the top of his lungs (until we got within a few feet of him!)
- Riding Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters 7 times with Andrew and his genuine surprise when we "got" Zurg at the end every time!
- Andrew getting a higher score than Mother on the Astro Blaster ride!
- Andrew meeting Buzz and telling him that he had beaten Zurg twice and Buzz "saying" "Two times! Thank you!".
- Noah shouting "bubbles" over and over and over on the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage and "tweeting" the whole time in the Tiki Room.
- Jason finally getting to meet Donald! Donald was his favorite character as a boy and we didn't get to meet him when we were at Disney World. It was like he was 5 again! 🙂
- Andrew singing along and dancing to all the songs at the Playhouse Disney Stage Show. It was all his favorite shows (Handy Manny, Little Einsteins, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh) live on stage and it was almost more than he could handle!
- Our family being chosen at random in the "Year of a Million Dreams" Sweepstakes to win Mickey Mouse Ears!
It was a magical vacation, but now it's back to the real world. Luckily it's still a world where I get to spend every day with the boys, so I can't complain. And thanks to a special delivery from Mickey, both boys have an autograph book with pictures of all the characters we met, and we have been looking at them A LOT!